Enter your clothing size, height and weight in Baby K'tan sizing calculator to determine your Baby K'tan size. If pregnant or postpartum, use your pre-pregnancy sizes.
The Baby K’tan is sized to fit the adult who will be carrying the child, just like your favorite t-shirt (age or weight of child is not a factor). This is what allows you to wear the Baby K'tan without needing to adjust any rings or buckles; just slip it on, and go!
The Baby K’tan is meant to fit snugly to allow for stretching. If the carrier feels a bit snug the first time you put it on, this does not necessarily mean it is too small. If your carrier does not fit snugly over you and your baby, you may need a smaller size.
Additional Sizing Tips:
Each person is shaped differently, and like clothing, some people may fit into more than one size or fall in-between sizes on the above sizing chart. The following additional sizing info tips should be used as a guide to assist you in ordering the optimal size.
- If in-between sizes or unsure of sizing, SIZE DOWN.
- If 5’2" or shorter - SIZE DOWN (except for XS to XXS)
- Use pre-pregnancy size to determine carrier size.
- When trying on the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier (without your child inside), the lowest point of the carrier should fall just below your chest and above your navel. When wearing your child in the carrier, the lowest point of the carrier may fall at your navel or waist, but should not fall below your hips.
- When carrying your child in the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier: if the lowest point of the carrier falls at or below your hips, choose a smaller size; if the lowest point of the carrier falls at your chest, choose a larger size.
- When carrying your child in the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier, if the carrier feels too loose (i.e., child feels insecure, legs are bumping child’s body as you walk, or carrier easily slips off your shoulder), choose a smaller size.
- The size of the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is not based upon your child’s age or weight. The cross-stretch of the cotton knit fabric and the different carrying positions enables the carrier to grow with your child. Accordingly, you should not require a larger size as your child grows and develops from a baby to a toddler (up to 35 lbs).
The Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is made entirely of 100% natural cotton knit fabric. The Carrier should fit snugly and securely on you and your child. For optimal fit, wash and tumble dry - this enables the carrier to conform more snugly to your body. If you are new to baby wearing, you may think the Carrier is too small, however, a snug fit is optimal for securely carrying your child and for good back support. The cotton knit fabric enables the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier to stretch slightly to conform to you and your child.
Ready to order your Baby K'tan Baby Carrier? Click here.